Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 9 Almost "Break" Time

Next week is Thanksgiving (I suppose most of you probably know that). We have a whole week off here (the first time I've had a whole week off for Thanksgiving), so there will be a break from classes but no shortage of things to do...

This week is a final pre-rally rally- let's all get through this week and whatever exams or assignments are due, in order to prepare for next week: a week of working on final projects and writing papers. I have three big things to do over the nine day break: take home portion of stat exam, working on theory paper, and working on my TV show project. Oh four- finishing up my CLS application...but that shouldn't be overly time consuming (knock on wood).

While I really do enjoy classes and Thanksgiving break isn't really much of a "break", it will be nice to have a short break from classes before finishing up- I am getting to that point in the semester where I just can't focus in class like I should be. This is a serious problem in stat where focus is required for understanding...

Plus it will be nice to have a week to sleep off some stress. I've been kind of doing that this week (sleeping more than I should) and it's not yet an appropriate use of my free time.

I will be super happy when Friday afternoon rolls around, and I can take a guilt-free break Friday afternoon before delving into the whole "actually-getting-stuff-done-thing." One thing I do miss from Richmond/home is certain stress-reducing activities which I don't have here. Oh well, just have to find new ways to reduce stress like...

Getting obsessed with a Korean drama (Faith)! Technically, it counts as being productive because it's for my project but I love it way too much! It's a great escape show and is pretty much one of my new favorite things. The only thing is...the website I watch it on (Dramafever) updates my Facebook every time I watch it, so everyone gets to see when I watch an episode at 2 am. Oh well, I'm still being productive!


This show has pretty much all of my favorites things in it. History, science fiction/fantasy, super powers, romance, manly men who kick butt:


Okay, maybe he doesn't look manly but he will destroy you! 



I tried to find a badass fight video but all the youtube fan videos are romantic spoilers! Oh well, you'll have to just trust me on this one. He shanks himself then keeps on fighting.

Well, this has been a major source of enjoyment/happiness for me lately, other than these guys:


Ripley watching birds.


Dominic on his day off.


Mr. Kitty watching birds.


Our parking lot tree.


Until next week- take care everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment