Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 26 You Know You Are Too Busy When...

I would amend that title to "You Know the Semester is Kicking Your Butt When..." [because, of course, this semester is my life right now...]

1) While doing household or hygiene chores you formulate a list in your head of reasons why the semester is kicking your butt, only to immediately forget everything that was on the list as soon as you sit down to write it.

2) Every conversation you have with someone ends with some variation of "I hate to cut this short but..."

3) Going to lectures is a fun break from whatever it is you should be doing (though I did get to hear some really excellent lectures...more on that another time).

4) You can't wait until the next 24, no 48, no 72, no...well until the next two weeks are over so you can get a break to breathe...as in respond to all the unanswered things you've put on the back-burner.

5) You literally find yourself dreaming about class projects or archaeological theory.

6) Your dog is at your feet whining to go to bed at 2 in the morning because she just can't stand sleeping on the couch any more.

7) You wonder "where you went wrong" in teaching yourself proper time management.

8) You fell guilty for taking time for practical activities like vacuuming, laundry, or prepping for things occurring in the distant future (you know two months ahead rather than two days).

9) The best part of the week is Friday afternoon when you get to take a nap (especially if the nap occurs with the sliding glass door open, 75 degree weather pouring into a normally freezing apartment, and a gradual sinking into a 1970s couch).

10) You finish a blog post with a "to be continued" or a "will return when I have a coherent moment" at 12:30 am because you still have work to finish up.

So I'll get back to better blogging when I have a coherent leisure moment.

But of course, Underdog pajama pants can get anyone through anything!


I hope everyone had a fantastic St. Patrick's Day! And a happy Monday to you as well ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh God my life toooo. But I no haz Underdog PJ's. ^--^;;;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking online for somewhere you could snag Underdog PJs because they absolutely help...but it seems they no longer exist! I guess that's what happens when I do my clothes shopping at Big Lots. Hehe.

      I did, however, find this, which could be cozy and quite comforting <3 : http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Tardis-Hooded-Bathrobe/dp/B008MAKA96/ref=sr_1_43?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1364223357&sr=1-43&keywords=doctor+who

      Delete