Friday, February 1, 2013

Week 20 Mocha the Fish

This week our elderly fishy finally went on to the fishy afterlife. That fishy had been through quite a lot and he lived quite the fishy life! Quynh and I "won" Mocha and his buddy Mochi at Mason Day in the Spring of our junior year of college (in actuality, it was toward the end of the day and they had a lot of fish left over, so they pretty much just gave them to us...). He, along with his "brother" then went home with me for the weekend and hung out at my mom's for a while. Then they lived with my dad while I finished up college-did they ever live with us at Mason? I honestly don't remember! Where is my mind. In 2010 they moved in with Dominic, Ripley, and I to the Masonic Lane house, where we lived for two years. Mochi got sick and died, along with an algae eater I got later, but Mocha hung in there. He survived cold winters and hot summers, a new dog and then a new cat. He survived the move all the way to Missouri. After almost four years he has gone up to another fishy journey! He was quite the goldfish.

Here is a photo of Mocha and Mochi the day we got them. Mocha is on the right, Mochi on the left:


Ah memories!

Well, I don't have a lot of other updates. It has been a surprisingly exhausting week considering it is only week two of the semester and I've been spending this afternoon recovering; I even ended up taking a two hour nap when I got home today which I almost NEVER do. I've been in class and then other meetings, working on another language school application for the summer, and just generally trying to keep up. Lots and lots to do. Now that I have a reasonable idea of how the semester is going to go I think I will be able to manage my time better, but I definitely won't have a ton of free time. I just need to increase my motivation and follow the golden rule: everything ALWAYS takes you longer than you think it will take you! If I can remember that maybe I can avoid late nights simply because something took me longer than I expected...

Also, it always helps me to get motivated when I do two things: 1) Remember the people who have supported me and helped me get where I am- those are the people I do not want to disappoint. 2) Look up motivation quotes. Like this one: "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents." ~ Andrew Carnegie

And "Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal." ~ Pamela Vaull Starr

That's all I have for this week, readers. And you know, if there is anything in particular any of you would like me to write about, feel free to let me know! Some weeks I flounder a bit (like this one...no fishy pun intended), so I definitely wouldn't mind some feed back if you have any ;)

Have a great and motivated weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment